Snails have a tender texture and simple taste & absorb easily in any type of sauce you prepare them in. On this post, you will be taught how to prepare appetizing peppered snail.
How To Prepare Appetizing Peppered Snail
- 6 Medium scotch bonnet pepper
- 4 Medium tomatoes
- 1 Medium onions
- 1 Slice green bell pepper
- 4 Extra-large snails
- Curry powder
- Vegetable oil
- Ugu leaves
- How you wash your snails matters a lot. Your snail should be high-pitched spotless without mucus or odor.
- Once you unshell the snail, wash off the first mucus off with alum twice before adding Garri on it and use the Garri to scrub every angle of the snail appropriately.
- Throw out the Garri and wash the snail with clean water.
- Pour the snail in a pot and add water before placing on the fire to boil
- Throw out the water after boiling for 5 minutes,
- Take away the snail and wash properly. After which you add salt to it and scrub properly. This is to avoid the odor linked with the snail
- Pour the snail into a clean pot with water and pour little of the chopped onion, salt, seasoning and little curry powder then let it cook for 30-35minutes
- Remove the snail from the stock after 35minutes,
- Fry the snail
- Blend the peppers tomato and left over onions then boil
- Boil until the mixture is totally dried but not burnt
- Drop a pan on the fire with vegetable oil and allow it to get hot
- Add in the boiled tomato fry for 2minutes before adding salt, seasoning and little curry powder
- Pour a little sliced Ugu leaf and fry up for 6 seconds
- Add the hot fried snail and continue stir frying for 1 minute (the snail should go immediately into the pepper sauce immediately as its taken off the hot oil. this will let the pepper sauce enter the snail making it more delicious)
Read Also: How To Make Kuli Kuli (German Stone)